Here at Bangor Grammar, we take the e-safety of our pupils, and their families, very seriously. We work tirelessly to equip our entire community with the tools they need to understand online dangers.
Beginning in year 8 with our Digital Technology course, we train our pupils to stay alert to the ever-changing array of digital threats. In the ICT classroom, we research many distinct areas of online threat, and develop a range of tools and strategies to help our young people to stay safe online.
As our pupils move up through the school, and as the nature of digital threat facing them changes, we continue to teach them to recognise dangerous situations, particularly those involving social media.
We also produce a regular Parental guide to online safety which provides a brief overview of some of the latest developments and trends. The latest few editions will always be available on this page.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about the online safety of anyone in our community, please provide as much detail as possible in the contact form below and we will investigate your report immediately. You may provide this information anonymously if you prefer.
- BGS Online safety newsletter May 2019 - 3 May 19
- BGS Online safety newsletter April 2019 - 30 Apr 19
- BGS Online safety newsletter Mar 2019 - 14 Mar 19
- BGS Online safety newsletter Feb 2019 - 1 Mar 19
- BGS Online safety newsletter Jan 2019 - 28 Jan 19
- BGS Online safety newsletter Dec 2018 - 10 Dec 18
- BGS Social Media Expectations Nov 2018 - 23 Nov 18
- BGS Online safety newsletter Nov 2018 - 8 Nov 18
- BGS Online safety newsletter Oct 2018 - 5 Oct 18