THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
Excellence • Community • Opportunity
We aspire to be a school in which a pupil
- is enabled to achieve the best of which he is capable in both academic work and extra-curricular activities;
- is ambitious and sets high expectations for himself;
- develops a critical, curious and independent mind;
- makes a wholehearted commitment to the pursuit of greater knowledge and understanding;
- leaves as a mature, rounded and responsible person equipped to adapt successfully to the ever changing circumstances of the world of work.
We aspire to be a school in which a pupil:
- shows loyalty to the school and other pupils;
- feels at home and valued;
- believes in the importance of being part of a team;
- takes pride in the success of others;
- is aware of the School’s past and traditions;
- is courteous and helpful;
- respects equality and diversity in background, race or faith.
We aspire to be a school in which every pupil:
- takes increasing responsibility for his own learning;
- seizes the opportunity to participate in a range of activities;
- explores and develops his own range of talents to the full;
- is enabled to develop his own moral and spiritual awareness;
- is able to develop a sense of responsibility for the needs of others in the School and within the wider community.